Around Town

 While I was not around town locally, I had the opportunity to take my camera on a walk around my hometown. The County Fair Mall was a popular hangout spot in Woodland, California where it once boasted of a Claire’s, Foot Locker, Gottshalks, and a full food court. Throughout my time in Woodland, I watched each of these businesses close down, and the quality of our mall began a steep decline. What remains of the mall is a JC Penny, a few kiosks with cheap goods, and a piñata store. It was completely silent and the lighting made me feel eerie. Exploring abandoned things is my passion, but I had never before been apart of the history. Across the parking lot is a Movies 5 where I had a first date and birthday party, which has been completely abandoned. 



This restaurant caught my eye with its beautiful tiling and vibrant colors, I could only imagine what kind of food was served here. 









My grandma used to drop me off at this play area while she shopped at Gottshalks. I remember it being full of children and having vibrant colors, now it is closed to the public and neglected. 










The omniscient piñata store. I was afraid to get too close.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heath's Laundry

Introduction